Today I thought we would take a look at the items I carry everyday. To me everyday carry items should serve an immediate or daily need. I carry most of my items in a belt pouch with a few in my pockets. Below is a list of items I routinely carry.
- Leatherman Wave – Not the largest Leatherman made but a good size for carrying and has a good array of tools built in.
- AA cell Maglite – Not the brightest or highest tech flashlight out there. However, I find them to be reliable. I have a 3D cell Maglite that I have had for over 20 years.
- Spare AA batteries for the Maglite
- Band aids – I always carry 4 or 5 with me.
- Cell Phone
- Spare pen
- Keys – Sounds like a no brainer but some people don’t carry them on their person. Some years ago the company I was working for received a bomb scare and about one-third of the employees didn’t have their keys on them and couldn’t reenter the building until it was searched to get them. They had to stay on site or get a ride while the remainder of the employees were able to leave.
As you can see I don’t carry a lot of gear on me but what I do carry gets used frequently and will enable me to get the items stored in my car. Feel free to share your lists using the contact form below. Please note due to the holidays I am not planning on posting for the next few days. Have a Merry Christmas.